Sat, Mar 11|
Nahant (across from Life Saving Station)
Winter Bird Walk 2023
Calling all bird enthusiasts! It's time for our annual Winter Bird Walk!
Time & Location
Mar 11, 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Nahant (across from Life Saving Station), 96 Nahant Rd, Nahant, MA 01908, USA
It's time for our annual Winter Bird Walk! In the past, we have been treated to sightings of Snowy Owls, Common Loons, Black & White-Winged Scoters, Common Goldeneyes, Buffleheads, Mergansers, Scaup, Eiders, Brants, Cedar Waxwings, and Hawks, among others. All bird enthusiasts are welcome, including children (must be able to walk for over an hour and accompanied by an adult family member).
We will meet at the big parking lot across the street from the Life Saving Station (not at the LSS's own parking lot) at 8:30am. At 8:45 we'll "caravan" to the usual locations (Marginal Road, Forty Steps Beach, East Point, the Audubon Thicket, the Town Wharf, and possibly elsewhere, time and inclination permitting). All are welcome! Some things to know:
- Public Safety will be notified in advance, and we will provide yellow "permit" notices for non-residents to place in their windshields.
- Covid restrictions no longer apply, since we are outdoors, but Covid is still very much around, so masks are advisable; observe caution.
- Children who are able to walk for over an hour are welcome but only if accompanied and supervised by a parent or other responsible adult family member.
- Bring binoculars if you have them!
- Access to public restrooms is very limited; preemtive measures advised.
If you need to cancel or change your reservation, please update your registration form or email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Chris Scheller at email@example.com (781-595-8836 x12).
In case of cancellation an email will be sent to participants at the email address provided on the registration form.