Sun, Oct 15|
UUCGL Kitchen + Parish Hall
Potluck Community Meal & Group Gatherings
We will have Potluck Community Meal at 5pm with optional group gatherings afterwards. Please sign up by 10/12 if you plan to attend!
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2023, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
UUCGL Kitchen + Parish Hall, 101 Forest Ave, Swampscott, MA 01907, USA
Sunday Evening Community Meals are for FOR ALL AGES and will take place in the UUCGL Parish Hall.
Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a fun and easy way to eat together and create community on Sunday evenings? Come join our Community Meals!
Inspired by our Thursday evening Plant-based Cooking Group, we’re organizing Community Meals for all ages on select Sunday evenings. All meals will be plant-based. For the upcoming potluck meal, participants are expected to sign up by Oct. 12th as well as help with the setup and cleanup.
At 6:30, after our Community Meal, you may stay afterward to connect with others in:
- Adult conversation space (Fellowship Room)
- Children & tween space (Skylight Room)
- OWL class for 7-8th graders (Parish Hall)
- Youth Group for 9-12th graders (Lower Level, Rm. 9)
Please reach out to our Minister of Community Life and Learning, Rev. Chris Scheller to express interest in the adult or children & tween connections, or with any questions. All are welcome including youth, individuals, and parents/guardians with children.
Below is our tentative fall schedule, sign up now or any time for as many as you wish:
- 10/15: Potluck Community Meal, 5-6:30pm. Sign up here by 10/12!
- 11/12: Cooking Together Community Meal, 4:30-6:30pm. Sign up here by 11/9 and bring $5 each!
- 11/26: Pizza Community Meal, 5:30-6:30pm. We're just going to order pizza since this is after Thanksgiving, hence the later start time. Feel free to bring your leftovers to share or come early to make a salad together! Sign up by 11/23 so we know how much pizza to order and bring $5 each!
- 12/10: Cooking Together Community Meal, 4:30-6:30pm. Sign up here by 12/7 and bring $5 each!